Monday, January 5, 2009

Be careful what you wish for

Yes, I wished for him to come home. But I also wished that he would come home in February after I carried him to full term and that didn't happen. I wouldn't wish harm on my son, really but I might have whispered that a Brady here and there was okay. I wasn't really serious. He should have known I was kidding. But like a good son, he delivered and good enough to keep him in his warm corner in the NICU until 7 Brady free days pass by. Since he had it on Friday, this Friday is the new D-day to bring him home.

Are we frustrated? A bit because the Brady happened on Friday night but today was the first time, we heard it was an issue. We spent the weekend frantically taking care of last minute details and training. And then, Monday morning, its another work week and a new year and the full time docs are in. Apparently the weekend docs feel no need to check in with you or carefully review his chart. You'd think we'd have figured this out after 6 weeks! So our doctor for the week - Dr. Nancy, who is very nice, made the call. So now at least there is time to get him circumcised and yes Dad, he is big enough now.

On the bright side, we are ready so we can enjoy these hopefully last days. We can stock up on groceries, go to a movie or two and as always, spend long hours at the hospital, feeding, changing, and just staring at Miles and for me, more pumping!

And in case you were wondering, the umbilical cord issue is resolved and Miles is now a fighting 5 pounds, 3 ounces. So big in fact that he outgrew two of his preemie shirts.

No comments: