Saturday, December 13, 2008

Even the doctor is in love with Miles




Miles is really becoming the apple of the entire NICU's eye. Our doctor exclaimed yesterday that she was "just in love with him!" Of course, she says this about all the babies but she whispered a confidential, "No," so just more evidence that we are not delusional - he is damn cute and has a great personality for a 3.8 pounder to boot!

We are still playing a game of weight and grow with a few minor Brady's a day. Yesterday, Dave saw him in the morning while I went dressed up and went to work for a change (just a visit). He gained another ounce and continues to eat, poop and do everything he is supposed to do quite well.

Later, when I came for a visit, Miles was on all star behavior - very alert and as always, looking right at me with his big blue eyes. We tried breastfeeding when I kangarooed him and again, he did great although we still don't know if he is actually getting any food this way. Later during his regular feeding, I think he wanted some more as he literally grabbled my fingers with his tiny hand and put it into his itty bitty mouth and tried to suck. Too cute.

Before leaving, I dressed Miles in one of his very first onesies (preemie sized - thank you, Auntie Jen and Uncle Mark Parisius). Although he fussed a bit when I dressed him, he certainly looked very handsome all dressed up.

No comments: